Easy Steps on How to Install Curtains on Sliding Glass Doors
Whether your dream is to have a wonderful entry to a patio or have a beautiful, unobstructed view of the outdoors that allow maximum sunshine into your home, then Sliding glass door are what you need. However, too much direct sunlight can fade or destroy the things inside your house. Thus, you need to cover your sliding glass doors.
To help you to control how much light enters your home, as well as the level of privacy, follow these DIY simple steps to achieve your dream. If you have some problems with your sliding glass doors, rollers or locks don't estimate to call or email us. We are open 24/7.
Things You Will Need
- Curtain brackets, three
- Carpenter’s level
- Measuring tape
- Extra-long curtain rod
- Finials; optional
- Drywall anchors
- Curtain rings or hooks; optional
Steps to follow
- Using a measuring tape, measure the length of your sliding glass doors. Measuring the length of the doors is key, it is important to get the exact measurements from the onset so that you may know where to mark. This should be parallel to where a curtain rod hangs. Therefore, find the central point and mark 4 inches with a pencil above the top of the door frame.
- Again measure some inches out from the sides, that is, at least 2 inches of the sliding glass door, and also 4 more inches from the top of the frame. Using a good pencil mark out visible spots or put a mark that will help you remember the important points you need this is to ensure that the curtain rod is the length required, add another 4 inches to the door lengths.
- To fasten the curtain rod holders to the wall, use drill and screw on the sliding glass doors. For the positioning of the curtain rod holders, use 2” above and 2” outside of the glass doors. Usually A curved rod, you won’t need holders on a curved curtain rod, so it is easier to screw them because screwing them is normal and aids the anchors to hold firmly without destroying the wall.
- For the brackets to support the drywall anchors, using drill, screw the brackets into the drywall anchors. Moreover, the level needs to be straight so that the screws are tightened up. Remember to skip the center bracket so as to mount the other side bracket.
- At this level, you should mount the center bracket, though making sure to loosen the screws. You are required to place the curtain rod in the brackets and make sure it is levelled on the wall in straight position. Then tighten the screws after making sure that the brackets are levelled.
- In case you are using curtains that have closed loops or pocket even rings, you are advised to thread them on the rod and place the curtain rod on the three brackets. If you have any finials, attach them to the ends of the curtain rod then hang on them the curtains which are hooked.
- Finally, to attach the curtains become a simple task since you just need to put the rods on the holders. Actually the rods usually vary on how the lay on the holders. In simple terms, once the rods are laid on the holders they are snapped in. Depending on the type of your rods, that is, either curved or straight, hanging curtains is simple and easy just as hanging hooks that are usually connected to the curtain on the rod. Hold the rods tight by screws. Though in case of a curved rod, your rod is hanged already and tightly fastened on the wall.